Friday, February 20, 2009

Antique Me, Please!

This is what my photos have been screaming at me for some time now! Jessica sounds like she's lost her marbles, you must be thinking. I assure you that isn't the case, lol. I've mentioned before how much I find creative inspiration in my every day and this is one that I've had for some time. I love antiques... I love antique stores. I love antique gadgets. I love antique jewelry. I love antique people (hehe, this is what my Grandma calls herself). But most of all, I LOVE antique photos! I would be lying if I said I saw antique photos on a daily basis, but in my recent blog roaming craze & interest in photography, I've seen so many photographers and graphic designers that have used this technique. It brightens my day to see these photos. Since I don't have a professional camera yet, I've been wanting to experiment with my graphic design interest and experience in this realm. However, I lost Photoshop when the ol' desktop pc went kaput, and ever since then I've struggled finding a similar program that had the necessary features AND ease of use. Fastforward (or rewind, however you look at it) to a few days ago, when I found it...Picnik.

Picnik is a web-based photo editing tool that allows you to edit photos from your computer, the web or a handful of other photo storage sites like Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, etc. It has a ton of one-click & auto-fix features, exposure, color, red-eye, as well as the standard crop, re-size, rotate, etc... but then comes the good part! There is a whole section of 'Create' features with custom-made effects that really allow you to build and personalize your photos. So, tying it all together, there are two features called 1960s & cross-processed that 'antique' my photos - in one click! I LOVE IT! Seriously, I can't even explain all of the cool things that Picnik can do.

This is definitely a new favorite of mine that I think everyone should check out if they enjoy playing around with and sharing their photos. In honor of my new favorite tool & love for all things antique, I've included some recent blog-find favorites and photos from my trip to Lincoln City, OR for my girlfriend, Stef's, birthday in January. It was such a great weekend and I was reminded of how the beach is one of my favorite places to be.

Picnik: photo editing awesomeness






-----------------------------------------------

Friday favorites:
blue mason trio by sadie olive. blue mason jar by sadie olive. mason jar close by sadie olive.
{from sadie olive's flickr}


{reposted by still dottie from tec petaja}

laundry day by Millie Motts. new eye beauty for you by Millie Motts.
{from millie motts' flickr photostream}


{old post from sweet sassafras}

[Picture+19.jpg]
{photos by max wagner via a cup of joe}
**some are older post, but I couldn't help it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those top pictures are heaven. really, really beautiful.