Tuesday, January 26, 2010

'P' is for....

Soon enough... I'll be a P, rather than a W.  When I was young, this initial was such an annoyance. Always being last in line, last called upon in class, and always in a different group than friends... that's what you get having one of the most common last names - Williams.  Now I look at this name and feel so proud; it's so strong and has a great presence about it... plus, they save the best for last, right? ;) 

However, in 247 days (so says my countdown)... I will become a Picken! :)  In honor of this bittersweet change, I'd love to incorporate this new letter in my life, in our house.  I've always loved the use of initials in home decorating, but these are a piece of art in themselves... I WANT ONE... a P!  If I'm lucky, I just may win one from the lovely Laura of Laura Rae Designs, as she's currently having a giveaway on her blog The 6 La La's - enter to win!

[1-1.jpg]

Wish me luck! :)  Love ~J

5 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Thank you for helping spread the giveaway! Good luck!!!

Michelle said...

Um... so I thought Jeff's last name was Dicken - D not P - and have been addressing your cards wrong for several years. I'm so stupid and so sorry! Why didn't you correct me!?

Jess and Jeff said...

Hahaha, no you didn't silly! I swear I would've noticed that and I don't remember that at all. Even if so... hilarious & no offense taken. :)

Trey&StefK said...

I love that there are two little babies in this picture. Hopefully this is a sign of what is to come in the future :) I told Maddox his melt down on Friday night was not going to help him get any little playmates and if he did it again he was grounded.

J said...

Hey, I tried to find you on Facebook without luck. I found your blog, however. I promise I'm not stalking you! Just wanted to say hi. :)