Thursday, August 27, 2009

For a friend... support the search for a miracle!

It's been a long time, I know. We have a lot to catch up on, but this post will not be for that, as I find nothing I would have to say could be as important to delay posting about this first... I promise I will post more about our move and our new life back in Portland soon, but for now...

Through my dear friend Michelle, I have learned of the hard times her brother, Scott and his wife, Megan have had getting pregnant through the long, hard road of fertility meds to artificial insemination to in-vitro fertilization and unsuccessful adoption prospects, nothing has worked. Hearing their story in the past had broken my heart, and always made me fear one day being in that position. Fact is, it still breaks my heart, and I was just brought to tears with the reminder that these two amazing people have not yet been blessed with the miracle they've been searching for.

For anyone that is interested, has been in this position, or has a child and can only imagine what they have gone through, please visit this event site representing the huge effort to help Megan and Scott! You can learn more about their story and how you can help, as well as an awesome event that is being hosted this Saturday, 8/29.



They are in my thoughts, and I wish we could be there to attend the event. If you are in the Orem, Utah area, I urge you to find out more about the events that day and the incredible silent auction that will also be involved.

Much love ~J

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I thought that I had commented on this earlier... oh well... here's round two:

Thank you so much for your support! You are an amazing person and one of my best friends!!