Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ready for the *bling*?

I have a tiny bit of down-time while I'm watching the movers pack the last few boxes of our stuff. Wow, I feel spoiled just saying that! It's been pretty nice, although I am still so tired from being stupid and staying up so late last night. I thought it was much overdue and some peeps may want to see my *bling*..... So here are a few of the best pics I could get a shot of. I LOVE IT! What I love even more about it, is that Jeffery picked it out on his own! He had a pretty good idea of what I liked, but to know he spent (from what I hear) countless hours in a few locations trying to pick the right one, means even more. We've both had a good understanding from the beginning of our marriage-talk days, that our commitment to each other had nothing to do with the ring and everything to do with our love, dreams, devotion and passion to built a great future together. So, don't get me wrong, I am not a material bride that put the meaning of this decision into whether he got me that outstanding ring.... although, my biased opinion thinks he did! The funny thing is that now that I have it, every time I look at it I still get butterflies in my stomach. I am also SO protective of it! I don't really know why I have this strong fear of something happening to it; but the other day I unconsciously took it off to put lotion on my hands and when my eyes looked down and caught that it wasn't on my finger I almost had a heartattack! It took me a good 10 minutes to calm myself down, after realizing I had just set it in front of me on the desk. Now I've learned it's okay to wash my hands with it on, okay to sleep without it on; and Jeff keeps reminding me that it's bound to get scratched, so I shouldn't worry if I think it has already. lol. He keeps me grounded.

Anyway... without further ado...








3 comments:

Brooke said...

OMG that is beautiful. Jeff needs to come teach Donavon how to pick out a ring :)

Jess and Jeff said...

Thank you! hehe :) I will tell him! Are you wanting to get your 'own'? I love that yours has history!

Cori said...

GORGEOUS!!! Congrats again:) I cant believe how much exciting stuff you guys have going on! Goodluck on the move and hopefully you guys will come up and visit. You at least have to come up for the annual McNeley Christmas extravaganza!
You're ring is beautiful:)