Thursday, May 21, 2009

Countdown

Sometimes I really don't know why I do the things I do. Like why am I up at midnight writing a blog, when I can think of many other things to be doing?... packing, packing, calling friends back, working, packing. If only my friends were up at midnight on a Wednesday along with me! [update: just took a break from this to chat w/ my sister... I knew she would be up this late too :)] So, the packing... To be honest, I don't really have a lot of packing to do because the moving company will be packing our stuff for us this go-around. The things they wont touch, of which I'm working on tonight: liquor, cleaning supplies, jewelry, my undergarments(!), and my bag of stuff to tide us over through the weekend (thankfully). As of 11:30pm, I had only accomplished packing WAY TOO MANY clothes into my (already full) suitcase; of which I had to chase Oscar out of about 5 times. :)

I think we both feel like the countdown for our move finally began this morning, when we received a call from the moving company saying that they'd be here tomorrow morning (Thursday). It only took them a week and a half to finally set the date! So we'll help the movers get everything packed & loaded Thursday, clean up the apt., and then drive down to Portland on Friday morning. Yah! Wish us luck on getting the cats in their crates in under an hour, because that is almost how long it took us to do it last time! Uhgg.

Since I still don't have much news on the wedding front, location & date-wise, I will leave you with a few of my current color inspirations. I have full faith in the fact that all my little pieces of inspiration will soon be pieced together. I just have a really good feeling about it (which I should)! I can't wait to get home to my best friends, mom & sister so that they can help me get to plannin'.

I will admit, I've been eying these for awhile now. We were together over five years before the proposal! ;) But you'll be happy to know that Jeff has approved two of them, now I just need to find the right combo. I love them all! I may just pick a hue (betcha can't guess which one, hehe) and do any/all shades of it. We'll see - I'll post my inspiration boards as I put them together.
Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!
Love ~J

http://100layercake.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/colorboard2_rev.png

http://s62363.gridserver.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/cm1_02110911.png

http://100layercake.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/100lc_colorboard_040809.png

{all color boards found via 100 Layer Cake - one of my favs!}

2 comments:

Trey&StefK said...

You know I am partial to the greens. Love them, but all the color combos you posted are so pretty, soothing and classy all at the same time.

Aimee said...

Congrats again Jess, your ring is beautiful and I love all of your inspiration collages. Anne told me you are moving back to Portland and I was sad, you were not here long enough! Anyways hope the move goes well!
-Aimee