Friday, May 8, 2009

When it rains...it pours?

Our few blog followers may be losing faith in me by now, but let me just tell you... when it rains, it pours. That might be a little cliché, and you may think this means there has been some bad stuff happening this week; but in fact, it couldn't be more contrary. I'm sorry that neither Jeff or I have posted our engagement stories yet. It was definitely planned for earlier this week, but then we had a little more craziness added to our life... as if getting engaged and having to call everyone & their mother to tell of the news isn't enough (don't get me wrong, I was very happy to make all those calls).

Here it goes...

The actual day that we got engaged (I would say refer back to the story, but you do not know it yet - you'll understand soon), Jeff also received a phone call with an opportunity that we definitely were not expecting. When the call came in, I sat in the background in shock with my jaw probably down to my chest; we were in the car, so the timing could not have been more random either; and I was still reeling from the proposal. We talked it over a lot the following few days, while we were still keeping the engagement a semi-secret and then finally it became more and more evident that this other big change was probably going to happen. Once that sunk in, it involved much more thought, research and time from this week. The final word just came in... by choice and chance.... we are now officially moving back home!

Portland, here we come!
Jeff has accepted the offer to take over the GG store in Beaverton, OR. I think we are both SO SO ecstatic for the chance to be around all our direct family & really good friends again! I am especially excited for what it brings for my wedding planning stuff. :) And if all of that wasn't great enough... After communication with my company, I was granted the opportunity to stay on with them and will work remotely from home when we get there! I am having a hard time believing just how lucky & blessed we are right now!

Will write more later. Time for another adventure. Life is good.

Love,
J

{photo courtesy of Portland Ground: Pictures of Portland Oregon}

3 comments:

Amber said...

Good things happen to Good People!! :)

Jess and Jeff said...

Thank you :)

Michelle said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! I'm so excited for you, for everything! When do you go home?? I want to see you!